Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sale of Alcohol to Minors

I wonder if you can help me.
I am the mother of two teenagers in Franklin Square.
I've known that teenagers can buy beer at the store near my house.
Recently one of the teenagers told me that the owner charges the kids double the normal price of the beer, because he knows they are underage.

Is this something your department can follow up on?
I look forward to hearing from you.
CG
Thanks!



Dear CG,

Every month the 5th Precinct Pop Unit goes out into the Community and visits stores who sell alcohol. This program named "Project 21" monitors the sale of alcoholic beverages to minors. On November 20, numerous arrests were made within the confines of the 5th Precinct.

Please contact the Pop Unit at 573-6570 or ncpd5thpopsd17@gmail.com if you have any leads, information or concerns.

No comments: